Friday, June 18, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

I started this blog over 3 years ago, and went back and deleted all my posts in light of starting something new. I want to ponder on what "planning" really means... and what it means in the light of traveling the road less traveled and being called to something greater than ourselves and our plans. I used to plan A LOT. Ever since I was a little girl, I had big plans for myself. I didn't really know the clarity of those plans, but they were like blueprints, always morphing and changing based on a new idea or a better fit into my life. One thing remained the same, I knew I wanted to be a mom. However, little did I know that in dreaming up my future, it would look very different from what I imagined. I thought I would marry, teach for a few years, and then start my undying dream of having lots of children. Well, I did marry my amazing husband, Joel, moved to Angola, Indiana where he is the Youth Pastor at our church where I volunteered a lot of my time, and got a job as a 5th grade teacher working at a fantastic school. One year, two years, three, four, five... six years later came our first child. And he came in a way that none of us in our circumstances would say that we would have planned it. But, we know our Lord did! Welcome to taking a few steps back in order to catch you up on where we are now...

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster. To give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: